Open Niagara is simply a forum to collect and assess public complaints about spending by local governments and institutions. We are not judges or lawyers and we will not ‘represent’ you in a case against any organization in any way whatsoever.
What we won’t do:
- We won’t take on files that seek only to embarrass elected officials or civil servants. If you liable someone, we will report it.
- We won’t take on files where the only complaint is that someone doesn’t like a decision that was made in an open and transparent manner.
- We won’t take on files that relate to personnel matters.
- We won't take on a file where a purchasing decision was made in an open and fair way unless it can be unequivocally proven theat someone influenced the decision-makers illegally.
What we will do:
- Read and assess all submissions.
- Ask experts what they think about the issue.
- Ask the organization to comment or clarify the issue.
- Use all the existing tools in place to get to the truth.
- Report ALL criminal or illegal activities to the relevant authorities.
Only as a last resort, will we use the media to solve a problem.
Are you a whistleblower?
Enter your receipt
Three Simple Steps...
- Click on the Blow the Whistle button at the top of this page.
- Choose a topic for your submission and tell us about the issue you are concerned with in as much detail as you can.
- Click the submit button and check back later using your receipt number.